Music for Brass Ensemble
All Day Free Brass event on Wednesday 28th June 2017
- Morning - 10am (TBC)
- Afternoon - 1pm (TBC)
- Evening - 7pm Concert
The Guards' Chapel
London SW1E 6HQ
About the Event
Brass Explosion is part of the exciting new Household Division Music History and Arts Festival. This all day event and evening concert features two brass ensembles, one military, one civilian.
Surrey Brass and The Guards Brass Ensemble join forces to present the best music of the genre. It celebrates 15 years of Surrey Brass and 100 years of massed bands of the Foot Guards.
There are many things happening during the day - read on to find out what is happening when.
The evening concert programme contains a combination of original music and arrangements from many musical styles including original and arranged classical music, light music, film music, and jazz and features renowned trumpet soloist Adam Rapa.
This all-day brass event is free to all.
- Surrey Brass - Jonathan Spencer
- The Guards Brass Ensemble - TBC
- Trumpet Soloist Adam Rapa
- Euphonium Soloist John Storey
Morning programme - Open Rehearsal by Guards Brass and Adam Rapa - all welcome.
Afternoon programme - Brass Masterclass and Jazz Ensemble playing. All aspiring players are welcome to attend.
Evening programme - Joint Concert
This includes a fantastic blend of music from Surrey Brass, Guard Brass, Soloists and one or two joint numbers - click on the links to preview the some of music!
- "Vienna Philharmonic Fanfare"- a rather large and impressive work by Richard Strauss
- "Holborne Tubes" - Anthony Holborne c1545-1602 re-imagined and arranged by Edward Chance
- Requiem Paraprases- Peter Meechan - Euphonium Soloist John Storey
- "Grand Fanfare" - Giancarlo Castro D'Addona
- "Shepherd's Hey" - Percy Grainger arranged by Denis Wick
- Screening of a film from the Battle of the Somme, accompanied by live music
- "A Londoner in New York" - Jim Parker
- "Song of Hope" - Trumpet Soloists Adam Rapa, Michael Chapple, Guards soloist
- "Children of Sanchez" - Soloist Adam Rapa
- "Midnight in Moscow" - Kenny Ball arranged by John Hughes
The programme is continually evolving, so please visit again for an update, and if you wish to be notified automatically why not Join Our Mailing List?
About Surrey Brass
Surrey Brass is 15 in 2017 and you can read about us here.
To mark this auspicious occasion we are planning to celebrate by playing some of the innovative and entertaining music projects we have commissioned over the years in our concerts.
About The Guards Brass Ensemble
You can hear the Ensemble rehearsing here.
Tickets and Information
Tickets are FREE with a retiring collection.
Festival Information is available from The Chapel Office 0207 414 3229 during office hours.
Parking and Transport
The Chapel is a short walk from St. James' Park Underground station (Circle, District lines)
Green Park, Waterloo, Charing Cross and Victoria Underground stations are also within walking distance.
Car parking is not available on site.
Support Surrey Brass