Surrey Brass Vacancies
- Permanent Players
- Young Players
- Artistic Collaboration
- Supporters - please join our Mailing List and come to concerts!
- Just Plain Interested
Permanent Playing Vacancies
Status: No current regular playing vacancies
Permanent Players should be at a semi-professional performing standard. You should be prepared to commit to rehearsals on Wednesday evenings in the Leatherhead area during term time, as well as to performing at our concerts. In addition to performing, we encourage all players to play an active part in the management and social aspects of the group.
Surrey Brass is self-funded. Players are not paid. Player subsidies are not levied.
Status: We are always keen to expand our pool of talented Deputies in all sections
Please contact Surrey Brass if you are interested in joining our Deputy list.
- We rely on deputies to provide additional forces for big concerts and to fill gaps at short notice.
- We like to invite prospective deputies to sit in for one or more rehearsals, so we get to know each other.
- Depending on the nature of the engagement, deputies may be paid a fee.
- Surrey Brass is constitutionally committed to encouraging young players and to provide opportunities to gain experience.
- The youngest player we have had so far was an 11 year old percussionist - and he was great!
- We are keen to hear about good young brass and percussion players who would like to sit in with us occasionally during rehearsals, to gain experience of playing at a high standard. If that is you, please Contact us.
- If your school has a brass ensemble, and would like to put on a joint concert, we would like to hear from you!
- Surrey Brass is looking for an enthusiastic Volunteer Concert Coordinator to help our busy Committee
- We also welcome help with running Front Of House and Interval Bar on concert days.
- Interested? Want to chat about it? Please Contact us.
- This Concert Coordinator is creative role that involves making contact with venues and other performing groups to explore possibilities and create performance opportunities. You don't need to travel, since the role can be undertaken by phone or email. However if your style is meeting people that's fine too! It's up to you.
- A musical or artistic background might be helpful but is not needed. You would be welcome to come to rehearsals to get the hang of it. Join us in the pub afterwards.
- Good communication skills, methodical approach to planning and recording information, and basic internet search knowledge would help to get the most out of this role.
- Minimum commitment for this role is a few hours a month, at times completely to suit you.
- Might suit an active retired person who is looking for new opportunities to get out and about.
- This role is unpaid - but you do get free tickets for our concerts for yourself and family, the opportunity to influence our future, and your name in the programme and on here if you want.
- Surrey Brass actively seeks new performing partnerships. Maybe your organisation is interested in putting on a show, or raising funds for Charity?
- We have worked with choirs, singers, painters, dancers, comedians, and variety artists - and would love to expand that list!
- If that is you, please Contact us.
- Whether or not vacancies are advertised, just fancy a blow, or otherwise interested please Contact us.
- Or you might just like to join our mailing list to keep in touch with what's going on.
- Perhaps you'd also like to Support Surrey Brass and help us raise funds - it costs nothing.
- We are always happy to make new friends!