A concert of seasonal brass music
7:30pm Saturday 26th November 2022
Tickets will also be available on the door.
About the Concert
Surrey Brass returns to Guildford, this time performing in what is one of most easily accessible and central venue in town, to perform a highly varied and cosmopolitan programme of music with an autumnal theme.
Surrey Brass members are some of the best semi-professional players in the county. Unlike any brass band, we play orchestral brass instruments, supplemented by a percussion section, giving a huge range of musical opportunity. Throughout our 20 years of performance we have upheld our tradition of being "the innovative and entertaining brass ensemble" and have consistently performed highly varied programmes of music, carefully scheduled to deliver a thrilling audience experience.
Surrey Brass is conducted by Jonathan Spencer.
This concert also features soloists from selected members of the ensemble. Since Surrey Brass always puts on innovative and entertaining programmes, we feature a programme of powerful and memorable music that works particularly well for brass, containing a mix of well-known and less familiar pieces.
To be notified of developments to this and other events please Join Our Mailing List.
See our Events page to get full details about the concert venue, maps, parking, transport and more.
Please help us raise funds to put on this concert and continue performing. Support Surrey Brass
"Los Canarios" by Gaspar Sanz, arr. David Powell
The Musical Programme is expected to contain a range of classic, romantic and popular music in a varied programme that will entertain and inspire. Much of tonight's music has been arranged especially for brass ensemble by our conductor Jonathan Spencer.
- March - "Rolling Thunder" - Henry Fillmore
- Bernstein's "Candide" Overture in a brand-new arrangement for brass by Jonathan Spencer.
- "Autumn Leaves" the classic song in an utterly gorgeous arrangement, featuring our own .
- 3 Brass Cats - Chris Hazell
- Another Cat: Kraken - Chris Hazell
- "The Bluebird" - Charles Villiers Stanford
- Main Title Theme - "Brideshead Revisited"
- "Muss I’denn" - German Trad.
INTERVAL including licenced bar
- "Kings Hunting Jigge" - John Bull
- Theme from "Out of Africa" by John Barry.
- "Singing in the Rain"
- "So Nice To Come Home To"
- "What The World Needs Now" - Horn Solo featuring
- "Posthorn Gallop" - trad. arr. John Iveson
- "Los Canarios" - Gaspar Sanz (1640-1710)
Surrey Brass plans to perform the advertised programme but reserves the right to make changes without notice.
Surrey Brass thanks all our members and deputies past and present.