The programme is in aid of The Mayor of Waverley’s Charities.
Surrey Brass will perform the following music as part of the larger festival programme:
- "Earle of Oxforde’s March" by William Byrd
- Movements from "London Miniatures" by Gordon Langford
- "Trumpet Tune" by John Stanley, featuring Surrey Brass soloists
- Movements from "A Londoner in New York" by Jim Parker
- Movements from the rarely performed "Brass Belles" by Elgar Howarth
Surrey Brass will be conducted by David Wright. David Wright has been Head of Brass at Charterhouse since he moved from Edinburgh in 1988 and is well known nationally for his work with young musicians. He was also Director of the Ben Travers Theatre at Charterhouse. While his interests are predominantly cultural he takes a strong interest in the Scottish Football League. He is married to Irene and they have two grown up sons and two grandchildren. David has been Housemaster of Hodgsonites since 2004.
More details about this exciting concert, including how to obtain tickets, will follow as soon as possible.
Meanwhile for more information please contact the school on 01483 291500